Sunday, April 8

Santa Barbara's Laura Schlessinger, Leslie Bennetts, and "cute" or?

Why wouldn't there be anything but a "huge public backlash against the feminista paranoia in Leslie Bennetts' new book, "The Feminine Mistake.'"? as Dr. Laura writes in the behind a paywall Santa Barbara News-Press column.

Who has the huge public relation machine all over this? Leslie Bennetts is not a name that gets much press. And when did you last hear about her huge listening audience? I don't see the battle so much about stay at home or working mothers. I say it's public relation spin and Schessinger wins for now. Substance? Time will tell if more women can speak up. And how can we forget house hubby Lew? He and one house keeper take care of a 3. acre ocean view estate?

How does that question "cute" or "slut" keep coming up? Some of us do believe whenever the name Dr. Laura comes up, bring out the hypocritical reminder shots. Don't forget the CNN interviews (9-29-06, 1-9-08 et al).

In full disclosure, I did not read Leslie's book. I did google her. WOW! It looked alot like googling Laura. You get the better PR machine's view of the world. I checked out a message board because it has the best writers and they know years of Laura's spins. Both sides have a say. Ok, I'm biased. Laura's support comes from, we'll call her "T", the others are several, with "K" the most "vocal" on this one. For the most part, remind you, on the internet I find it is the same old Laura controled PR machine. This might be the last place where the other side is allowed. "T" is like the many other Laura clones, they don't address her lack of credentials, many of the hypocrisies and lies et al. To their credit, some will now admit that is her in the nude. They say she's cute. These are not the people I'd listen to, they seem to love the kool-aide. One thing the Laura business does is to get people to repeat her rhetoric. I don't aways know how to tell the difference between the ones who are like a Jim Jones follower or the troll types. They pretty much sound the same and share the same denials. As if they all had the same indoctrination?

I don't have a dog in today's fight . I made plenty of wrong choices. That gave me enough experience to make some great choices. Maybe I'm just lucky? I don't have to worry about those important concerns for myself. I do know many people who have raised children, stayed in marriage or not. There is not one answer for all. Laura is selling product, she is not as she appears. People like "T" may not even be as they appear. This one agrees, there is not one answer for all. She promotes Laura, is against a book she didn't read, she did read the "reviews". She has no financial worries, has a degree and a hobby that makes money and she said "I now maintain many content web sites that profit by means of affiliate marketing. They make a nice passive income." Laura wouldn't use people like her? Doesn't her web site offer making money for SAHM's? "T" can afford to promote Laura. She's probably well paid. Supports Bush war and torture policy and agrees with their "global warning" and the complete package.

Leslie Bennetts and the machine
"'The Latest Polemic Against Stay-At-Home Moms!' was the headline on one recent essay about The Feminine Mistake. If this were accurate, I wouldn't mind someone complaining about it, but my book is not a polemic; it's a painstakingly reported collection of information and interviews. If you want to disagree with my conclusions, you need to address the facts on which they're based rather than acting as if these were simply matters of opinion. They're not."

Laura hates painstaking studies. In one column she was down on 2 professors who wrote about trying children as adults or juvenile. She called their work "infuriating nonsense". She's not into facts or discussion.

UPDATE: $ahm "T", from message board, finally gets her web$ite in discussion....
"I now maintain many content web sites that profit by means of affiliate marketing. They make a nice passive income."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW LOLITA..I hit the DR Laura jackpot! Lovely pics!