Sunday, October 1

LAURA SCHLESSINGER "I'm saying..."


TRANSCRIPT FROM CNN, LARRY KING FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2006: KING: Hi.

CALLER: I -- I have a question.

I just wanted to know, Dr. Laura, what example are you giving young girls by saying they should not work, they should stay at home with their kids, so they're supposed to just depend on the man to do everything? And, then if he leaves her, she will be stuck with nothing.

SCHLESSINGER: OK. That's the feminist mantra: You have to be prepared, because men are pigs, and they will use you and dump you.

KING: She said what if he leaves you? Didn't say pigs.

SCHLESSINGER: No, no, no. I'm saying...

KING: He leaved her -- he left her.

SCHLESSINGER: Those words came out of my mouth.

KING: Didn't have to be a pig.

OK.

SCHLESSINGER: Those words came out of my mouth. That's the feminist mantra. Be paranoid. Make sure...

KING: Be independent.

SCHLESSINGER: Nobody's independent. We need to depend on each other. KING: OK. Go ahead.

SCHLESSINGER: We love each other. We rely on each other. We are -- we are perfected by our intimate relationships.

KING: The question was what does she do when the man leaves? She's got two kids.

SCHLESSINGER: No. No way. That was not the question.

UPDATE: 4/15/07 Phyllis Schlessinger teach, preach, nag the same old, same old

"Laura makes sex sound like the unsexiest thing
around, like another chore to be checked off the list. "Laundry? Check. Clean
the cat box? Check. Have sex with the hubby? Check."

If women have to be their husbands' girlfriends, then men should be their
wives' boyfriends. I'm hardly a rose petals on the bed kind of girl, but
courting goes a long way. And as horny as I can be (sorry, TMI), I'm not going
to be in a lusty mood if the guy stinks, has bad manners, or treats me like a
disposable sex toy. I hate how in Dr. Laura's world, women have to give 110%,
and always with a grateful smile on their face, yet men have to give a mere 15%
and that's acceptable." golightlygrrl

1 comment:

Joslynn said...

I know I've stated my views on Schlessinger... what are yours? I would be interested to know.